2016 Customer Service Survey
Thank you to the 1,682 people who participated in our annual survey.
Hearing what you think about our staff, resources and services is always very useful.
- 99.2% of you agreed library staff are welcoming and friendly
- 99.8% of you agreed library staff know about services and collections
- 95.6% of you agreed library staff help you learn how to do things
You value our staff, resources and services
The survey results show that the things you value most about Hutt City Libraries include
- The important role of libraries in local communities
- The value of spending rates on libraries
- Friendly and helpful service
- Access to a wide range of books, magazines and digital resources
- Support of children's love of reading and their learning
- Classes, programmes and events libraries provide
- Access to a range of technology and help in using it
- Easy to use systems
- Free reserves
- Access to SMART Libraries
You suggested things that could be improved
We'll consider your suggestions as part of our commitment to continuously improving what we do.
You suggested that some of our libraries need enlarging or updating
Council is committed to up-dating community facilities across the city, including libraries.
Read about Council's Long Term Integrated Community Facilities Plan online.
A community hub in Stokes Valley is underway and will include the library. Read about the Stokes Valley Community Hub Project online.
Other community hubs will be developed in the future.
You said you wanted more books
Our collections are at the heart of our services and your comments about needing to develop collections will be useful when we request funding for collections.
Each year we add 30,000 new books to our collections and receive issues for 5,000 magazines.
Over 80% of new books go straight out to fill reserves before they make it to the new book shelves
To discover new resources and reserve things you're interested in, you can see lists of New Titles on our website or ask staff to help you set-up automatic updates for new books you're interested in.
You wanted to be able to pay library fines and charges online
We're planning to provide this in the near future.
You suggested a number of improvements to the Libraries website
Check out our new website with better navigation and other improvements, and it's mobile friendly! Let us know what you think.
You suggested improvements to our digital services
Our computer system is large with over 350 devices in eight locations. Our internet connection handles more than 70Gig of data a day. That’s more than many homes use in a month.
We constantly monitor the performance of our computers, internet and WiFi systems and make improvements whenever we can.
If you experience problems please tell our staff so we can investigate.